October 19 Granite Bay, Folsom Lake 10 am Sign Up!
Where: Granite Beach, Folsom Lake
Cost: $60/each or get all 4 Camps for only $125.
At the TBF MTB Camp you will learn how to ride your mountain bike with confidence and be able to negotiate more challenging terrain. This Class will help all levels of riders improve their riding form, balance, techniques, and more! Each Class features professional MTB coaching, drills & skills clinic, dirt-crit practice race, fun group trail ride, and refreshments. In addition, there will be a discussion on Mountain bikes, pre-ride inspection, equipment requirements/recommendations, and periodic maintenance. The Lesson Plan for the day includes the following:
- Check-in, bike inspection, equipment requirements/recommendations
- Group warm-up ride
- Skills & Drills Clinic
- Dirt-Crit Race
- Single-track group trail ride
The Camp will begin with check-in, bike inspection, and equipment discussion. We will inspect your bike and equipment to make sure it is ready to ride and safe; please note that helmets are required, thanks! After we complete a short warm-up ride, Camp will roll right into the Skills Clinic. The Skills Clinic will include a series of drills designed to help riders improve their bike handling techniques and efficiency. Following the “skills and drills” session, you will get a chance to test-drive those new-found skills at the practice dirt-crit race...it’s short…it’s fun…it’s fast! Then, you will get to enjoy the single-track trails of Granite Bay on the fun group ride. So, if you want to get better on the mountain bike, the TBF MTB Camp is for you!
|October 19||10am||Granite Bay, Folsom Lake||Sign Up!|
Skills and Drills
- Starts, stops and gear selection
- Shifting and pedal efficiency
- 5-step process to cornering and turn negotiation
- Visual skills: Where to look and focus as the terrain varies
- Body positioning and balance that will allow you to handle more technical terrain
- Braking positions and modulation: When? How? How much?
- Front wheel lift, rear wheel lift, and for those that are ready…the “bunny-hop”
- Curb hop, curb drop, ditch crossing, obstacle clearing and introduction to wheelies
- Climbing, descending, line selection, and trail reading
When you improve your MTB skills, you will be smoother, faster and
with more confidence. At the TBF MTB Camp, riders of all levels will develop smoother riding techniques which will definitely lead to improved efficiency!
Ultimately, these techniques will help you to be able to ride more technical terrain with confidence and maybe even some speed. And, when you master the techniques…you will be able to sustain higher speeds for longer durations too. After completion of the Camp, we know that your techniques, confidence, and efficiency will all improve. So, regardless of your current ability, check out the TBF MTB Camp and you can definitely count on taking your skills to the next level and leaving a different rider! For more information or a FREE pre-ride checklist, Email MTB Coach Dan
For Email Marketing you can trust